- BSCI 471: Molecular Evolution
- BISI 620: Bioinformatics and Genomics
- BIOL 671: Molecular Evolution
- DATA 698: Research Methods and Study Design
- DATA 699: Capstone Research Project
Graduate Program Affiliations
- BISI - Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, & Genomics (CBBG)
- BISI - Behavior, Ecology, Evolution, & Systematics (BEES)
- Data Science and Analytics (DATA)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOI)
Our research is in the areas of bioinformatics, computational biology and molecular evolutionary genetics, and includes examination of patterns and processes of sequence evolution to understand molecular evolutionary mechanisms that bring about biological change. The basis for much of the research is comparative and includes several levels of biological organization. In addition to answering specific biological questions, a substantial portion of the research has focused on experimental design and data analysis methods, and software development.
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1992. Molecular evolution, bioinformatics, computational biology.